Sunday, April 22, 2012

Getting Through

   Our daughter has cancer and our world has been turned upside down.   It's the small things these days that mean the most-  It doesn't take much to make me happy, here are a few of the things that have made life a little easier for us, these are not listed in order of importance because I am an unorganized thinker....just ask my sister *smile.


1.  Big girl pull ups-they make the constant trips to the toilet more bearable and the accidents easier to clean up.


2.  Hugs- From anyone...even strangers


3.  Visitors- Whether at the hospital or home, people visiting us helps us to feel supported and cared for.


4. Listening Ears- Even if I've already said it, or I cry about it again, an understanding ear, makes a HUGE difference.


5. Encouraging Words-  Said to us, or Karagen or the children at home, words of affirmation go a long way to keeping us upbeat.


6.  Coffee-  Go ahead, laugh. : )  I have a hard time getting awake in the mornings without coffee, and love the comfort of this warm, cozy beverage.


7. Crying out to God (literally)-  He is never busy and His presence lifting me up and showing me moment by moment to keep my eyes on Him.


8.  Pray-ers-  All of those special people who think of us throughout the day and stop to pray....for us....for Karagen.  God HEARS!  


9. Faith and Belief- That God sees everything that is happening, that He is an Omnipotent and Loving FATHER who already knows the end and every little thing in between.


10. Smiles-From Karagen, they literally light up my whole day!

7 comments:

  1. I'm hoping that you are keeping a journal of your thoughts during this difficult time. Seriously you could write a book and it be a best seller! You are terrific with words! Continually praying for your family! *hugs*

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many, many times throughout the past days I have prayed for you, sweet Karagen, and your family! I will continue to pray!
    Sending hugs-
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of you all so much! Praying for you every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We pray for you and Karagen every day. Love, Raylin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy N Mikey BussardApril 24, 2012 at 1:39 PM

    We are from Hagerstown, friends of Michelle's, we have heard alot about your family and how sweet you all are. We are praying and believeing in faith for God's total restoration for Karagen and for strength and the peace of God for the rest of your family and extended family! Love, Mikey and Mandy Bussard and Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard about Karagen through my friend, Karen Bork. I understand what you are going through and I'm praying for you, your family, and Karagen. Take one day at a time and if necessary one minute at a time. Your strong faith in God will help you through the hard days ahead. Praying for healing for Karagen.

    La Naye B

    www.caringbridge.org/visit/courtneyburnette

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Michelle from Gateway Ministries...I am so sorry your family is having to walk this journey. I think of Karagen often and keep you all in prayer. I know God is faithful and know He has your family in the palm of His hand. Thoughts...warm wishes and prayers continually coming your way!
    Jo Anne Smith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I love reading them and it is a special blessing to hear back from you!