Our daughter has cancer and our world has been turned upside down. It's the small things these days that mean the most- It doesn't take much to make me happy, here are a few of the things that have made life a little easier for us, these are not listed in order of importance because I am an unorganized thinker....just ask my sister *smile.
1. Big girl pull ups-they make the constant trips to the toilet more bearable and the accidents easier to clean up.
2. Hugs- From anyone...even strangers
3. Visitors- Whether at the hospital or home, people visiting us helps us to feel supported and cared for.
4. Listening Ears- Even if I've already said it, or I cry about it again, an understanding ear, makes a HUGE difference.
5. Encouraging Words- Said to us, or Karagen or the children at home, words of affirmation go a long way to keeping us upbeat.
6. Coffee- Go ahead, laugh. : ) I have a hard time getting awake in the mornings without coffee, and love the comfort of this warm, cozy beverage.
7. Crying out to God (literally)- He is never busy and His presence lifting me up and showing me moment by moment to keep my eyes on Him.
8. Pray-ers- All of those special people who think of us throughout the day and stop to pray....for us....for Karagen. God HEARS!
9. Faith and Belief- That God sees everything that is happening, that He is an Omnipotent and Loving FATHER who already knows the end and every little thing in between.
10. Smiles-From Karagen, they literally light up my whole day!