Saturday, April 7, 2012

Devastated

Our daughter Karagen has cancer.  Her symptoms started 3 weeks ago as not being able to sleep at night.  She would awake 5 to 10 times a night in pain and restlessness.  To make a long story short, we brought her to the Children's National Hospital Emergency Room in Washington DC on Tuesday night, after many tests and an MRI, we were informed Wednesday that Karagen had a massive tumor along her spine, about 12 inches in length and a tumor in her brain.  She had emergency surgery on Friday to relieve the pressure on her spine and to try and save her leg function (by the time we arrived at the ER she was unable to walk).  The surgeon was able to remove only 40 % of her tumor and said it is cancer.  She is resting as comfortably as possible but continues to need much prayer.  We will find out on Monday or Tuesday what type of cancer it is.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Crystal! My heart is aching for you!!!! You and your entire family are in my prayers! I wish I was close, to do something for you!!! Constant prayer, constant....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal, I too ache for you!!!! I am praying, praying, praying!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be praying for you in Ann Arbor as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying for you here in Ann Arbor as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog via FB and read your posts about Karragen...I'm so very sorry for your family. Wish I was close enough to help physically, but you can know I am praying for your family.
    Love,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I love reading them and it is a special blessing to hear back from you!