Thursday, August 26, 2010

What have we been doing?

A Day at the beach! Friday August 20, 2010
No she is not eating sand here : ) Emmaus eating her lunch.
Jachin and Emmaus. Jachin tried to eat the sand lol

Karagen sat and stood watching the waves come in ALL day. She had a red back to prove it!
Vaughn loved going into the water with Jonathan.

Silas playing, he was a literal sand man, and I gleefully called him that : ) by the time the day was done, he was covered, I mean covered in sand!

Vaughn playing in the sand.

My sister Michelle and Jachin, we three adults took turns holding him under our umbrella while the others enjoyed the water.


The first beach we went to was deserted and had icky water, so we drove another 30 minutes and found a better beach. Jachin was not sure what to think about the wet sand.


Playing in the sand, they loved it!


Under our makeshift beach umbrella, we used our large rain umbrella and Jonathan attached it to a pole we brought along.


We have been so busy, and today for the first time since we have been here I have nothing I have to do, although I might add, I always have something to do (you know what I mean).

Here is some of what we have been up to. Our activities include (but are not limited to), painting, going to the beach, the circus, enjoying our new home and we started a new school year. We had been seriously contemplating homeschooling but we decided after much prayer and discussion to send our children to our local school.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for the beach! Sounds like life is going great for you! So happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun, can't wait till my little Hanna Belle is actually big enough to enjoy the water.I have been praying for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have been able to enjoy your family & have some fun amidst the business! I am so impressed... when we moved, we only moved a few blocks away & it still took me months to get back into the swing of things. :)
    I love the pictures!! They all look like they're having such a great time! Yes, Annabella likes to eat sand too, which is probably the trickiest part of going to the beach.
    I have missed you, my friend, & was just about to send you a quick e-mail, but found you had posted. :) I'm so glad you came to a decision to send your kids to school- I know it is such a hard decision, but doing what God wants you to do is always what is best. I hope they are enjoying their first days!
    Blessings,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I love reading them and it is a special blessing to hear back from you!