Wednesday, February 6, 2013

* Leaning

 
There once was a conversation overheard between two men.  As they greeted one another, one asked, How are you doing?  The other said, oh, I'm hanging in there.  How are you?  The first replied, I'm leaning.
 
Go look at a wall, now lean against it.  You could stay there quite awhile just leaning.  Now envision hanging from monkey bars, can't do that quite as long huh?
 
The point is, we can lean much longer than we can hang, and that's exactly what the Lord wants us to do.  Lean on Him!
 
"yet will they lean upon the Lord, and say, Is not the Lord among us?"
 
Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.

Trust in Him and lean!
 
 
My verse for this year very appropriately is:
 
 Trust in him at all times;
Psalm 62:8
 
I trust the One I'm leaning on!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I love reading them and it is a special blessing to hear back from you!