Monday, June 25, 2012

Looking Up

   Looking up when you're at the bottom is hard.  Facing literal death.  Facing impossible situations, looking up takes all your energy.  I just did a quick search in the Bible on not being afraid, there were over 85 verses about it.  God knows we humans are fearful, God knows I am.  God knows our situation and is NEVER caught by suprise.

                            God is drawn to our weakness!

 Jesus Calms the Storm
Mark 4:36-40  
36 And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships.

37 And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was full.

38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awoke him, and said unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?

39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?

     I have felt like these disciples did here, "Don't you care?"  I have felt the intense, agonizing fear about the future.  Their lives were at stake.  They saw the wind, those waves threatening to capsize their boat.  Oh, it's so easy for me to see those things so clearly in my life.  Through the salt water stinging my eyes, through me shielding my face and body from yet ANOTHER wave, me cowering in the corner from the crashing of the thunder, I peek out from under my arm and find Jesus there!

      The hardest thing for these poor disciples was to look up.  The hardest thing for me is to look up, look up above to Jesus who has control of everything in my life!  He has control of my storm, He has control in my storm!  I have chosen to look to Him, when the thoughts of an uncertain future come rushing in, threatening to capsize my boat, I look up.....to Him!   When I am overwhelmed by the hurts and pains of this life, I look UP!



Does this look like the face of death?

I choose to look up to the Giver of Life, and trust Him for our daughters life!
And for everything else in between : )
      

5 comments:

  1. Praise Him, Crystal!! Our prayers are already working! Your posting is so encouraging to others, too. Remember that HE is always there! Cherish these moments with all your children, God gave them to you for very special reasons tho you may not understand right now! We will continue to remember you! Love you all! JoEllen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal,
    You have been much on my mind and heart these past days. We continue to pray for you all! My husband just preached on this text yesterday (our Pastor is on vacation). How neat for you to share it here and how much comfort it gives you. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your family has been on my heart since I read the news last week. I've been lifting you up in prayer every time the Lord brings you to mind. God's grace is sufficient! Your inspirational words here demonstrate that. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your family have been on my heart since I read the news last week and I've been lifting you up in prayer every time the Lord brings you to mind. God's grace is sufficient! Your inspirational words here demonstrate that. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all so very, very brave, but the most inspiring is knowing where that courage comes from...GOD! Keep looking heavenward and He will continue to bless you, lead you through trials, temptations and turbulations, and use your testimony as witness to others.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I love reading them and it is a special blessing to hear back from you!