Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Forget Me Not

These Friday Forget Me Not posts will be posts about random things in our life that I do not want to forget. Funny, I was trying to go to sleep last night and the idea popped into my head for it. So here goes : )
Several months ago we were at the bank with Silas (3) and Jachin (10 months). There was a lady there smiling and admiring the boys. We went out to our van ahead of her and while we were putting the boys in their car seats she said: "Make sure you cherish these days! I miss them...my boy is in Iraq, and now all I have in my backseat is a mop!" I looked in her backseat and sure enough there was a mop : )
Wednesday night December 15, 2010, was an eventful service. Jachin was grouchy in his usual "Let me go play" mood, he was NOT wanting to sit through the service. I put him on the floor and was trying to keep an eye on all of the children. Vaughn said, "My nose is bleeding!" It was. Silas was wigglly and squirming, so I grabbed his hand, told Vaughn to go to the bathroom and bent down to find Jachin, who was quickly scooting away towards the back of the church. I snagged him and we all headed to the bathroom. When we got there I wiped Vaughn's nose, and looked inside, and there way up inside was something green. "It's probably a boogy" I thought to myself (yes I think in child talk haha). Lo and Behold he had put a bead up his nose...." Now how in the world am I supposed to get that out?" Well, he made it suprisingly simple, he blew and it went flying across the bathroom floor. Whew, bead crisis avoided!

After the service we made up the Christmas treat boxes for Sunday. While we were all involved with that (including our children) Silas lost his coat. We looked for 20 minutes...and we have not found it yet. I really think he was laughing inside....and he doesn't remember where he put it. (Of course!) So he had the honor of wearing my coat on the walk over from the church, he cried all the way. I was stuck between feeling sorry for him, and laughing that he was that upset about wearing my coat...with a little "Well that's what happen's when you lose your coat thrown in" : )

I get through motherhood by talking to myself and laughing and complaining to little old me.Silas wearing my coat...doesn't he looked traumatized? : )

These are a few things that I don't want to forget!

5 comments:

  1. Love it the things that can only happen to people. Treasure the menories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that story about the lady with the mop in the back! It will be a sad day when I don't see carseats or kid stuff in my car...good reminder to soak it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just cracks me up that it was Vaughn that put a bead in his nose... because Philip is the one and only one of my children that has ever put a bead in his nose. Andrew had to use needle-nose pliers to remove it. It was quite stuck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh!! Life is so not boring when you a mom--especially of boys!!! hugs and Merry Christmas friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I awarded you a Stylish Blogger award. Details on my blog. I hope you get many new visitors to this special blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I love reading them and it is a special blessing to hear back from you!