Saturday, October 30, 2010

What They Don't Know Won't Hurt Them!


In Fact it might even be good for them : )


Jonathan is away hunting, he left this morning at 4:30, and like a good wife I stayed in bed out of his way haha. He got his own breakfast and his lunch and everything he needed ready all by himself like a big boy. I know, I am not real supportive, especially if it means getting up at 4am ughhh. So, I am home alone with 5 children and we decided to fix a nice breakfast. We had carrot pancakes, which they quickly ate, then we made Green Eggs and ham. I blended the eggs, some carrots and spinach together in the blender and walla, we had green eggs. I was wondering how I was going to convince them to eat my concoction when Karagen excitedly said " Oh Mommy, your making green eggs! You have to add some ham too!" Thankfully Jonathan had brought some lunch meat ham that worked nicely, the children helped me break it up and put on the griddle. THEY GOBBLED IT UP. LOL.


So it just proves that sometimes what you don't know won't hurt you....and this is true in so many other ways as well. The older I get the more I realize there are some things in life I would rather NOT know, and this is funny because I used to be pretty nosey.


Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Nice work Mom! Reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes and how Calvin would eat dinner only if his Mom told him it was eyeballs and guts or something :)
    And you're right...sometimes it's better off NOT knowing. I find that to be true in the ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Crystal, as a child I would have been the one to KNOW. :) LOL Glad your children ate this good stuff without any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haahah! I love this. and i so WOULD NOT have gotten out of bed either.. ;) happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I love reading them and it is a special blessing to hear back from you!